Community Wellness Sponsorship Funding Criteria and Guidelines
Pottstown Hospital is committed to supporting community projects and events and gives careful consideration to requests for financial and in-kind support that relate to the mission, vision, values, and community benefit objectives of the Hospital.
Pottstown Hospital will consider the following types of requests:
- External Requests for sponsorships of relevant projects and events
- Internal requests for sponsorships of relevant projects and events
- Requests for support of nonprofits or fundraising events
- Requests for support of fundraising activities which benefit Pottstown Hospital
Requests that fit within the mission, vision, values, and community benefit objectives of the Hospital and those that measurably improve community health and quality of life will be given the highest priority for consideration for potential support.
To be considered, a request must meet all of the following criteria:
- The event or project must directly benefit the geographic area served by Pottstown Hospital.
- The event or project must relate to one or more of the following community health priorities:
- Health, Fitness, Safety, Wellness, and Health Promotion
- Access to Healthcare Services
- Access to Behavioral Healthcare Services
- Disease Prevention
- Social Determinants of Health
- Recognized community health issues
- The event or project must be consistent with Pottstown Hospital’s mission, vision, and values.
- The requesting organization must demonstrate collaboration and coordination with other community organizations or Pottstown Hospital and not duplicate the efforts of other organizations.
- The requesting organization must be perceived as effective, and the activity must be relevant to the perceived needs of the community.
- The requesting organization must have current 501(c)3 not-for-profit, tax exempt status under IRS Code Section 170, be a governmental agency or department, or a public educational institution.
- The requesting organization must demonstrate effective program performance in addition to financial responsibility and accountability.
- The request must support the community citizenship and connectedness of Pottstown Hospital.
- Pottstown Hospital must receive recognition of sponsorship through approved use of our logo in advertising, public announcements, and other materials produced for the event or project.
External organizations requesting use of property must show proof of liability insurance.
Sponsorship funds of Pottstown Hospital are limited and will generally be made to organizations that have the greatest opportunity for positively affecting the health and wellness of the community we serve.
By policy, Pottstown Hospital will not approve funding for the following:
- Political activities of any kind
- Requests from or that benefit individuals
- Requests and/or events that do not see to improve the health of the greater community that we serve
- Individual scholarships
- Requests for sponsorship of events that would potentially harm the reputation of the Hospital by association