Notice of Program Accessibility for Pottstown Hospital
Pottstown Hospital and all of its programs and activities are accessible to
and useable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of
hearing, or blind, or who have other sensory impairments.
Access features include:
- Designated and convenient disability parking at spaces.
- Designated accessibility cross walks and curb cuts between roads, parking areas and buildings
- Level access to all elevators at all floors
- Accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, waiting areas, nutrient areas and patient care areas.
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who
are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind, or with other sensory impairments.
There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or
hard of hearing.
- A twenty-four hour (24) telecommunication device (TTYITDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility
and/or portable (TTYITDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf,
hard of hearing, or speech impaired.
- Readers for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
- Pen/paper and alphabet boards for communication.
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
- Qualified language interpreters
- Closed captioning for the hard of hearing or deaf
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let the receptionist or your nurse know.