Older Adult Behavioral Health
As our aging population continues to grow, Pottstown Hospital is committed to meeting their unique needs. Our Older Adult Program, housed in our Behavioral Health Unit, is a specialized unit focusing on meeting the needs of individuals 55 and older. The 8 bed unit assists older individuals who are dealing with a mental health challenge that requires immediate intensive therapy. Our therapeutic program is designed to return patients to their homes or supervised care settings.
Since seniors often have complex health conditions that need to be addressed on various levels, we offer an individualized focus and multidisciplinary approach. Our team and approach helps older adults achieve their highest level of functioning. At the center of our process is the involvement of the individual and his or her family and support network. Our team of specialists including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, activity therapists, and support staff work together to develop a detailed, personalized treatment plan to facilitate a path to recovery.
- Short-term acute unit
- 24/7 skilled, nursing care
- 24/7 access to physicians
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Recovery focused environment
- Physical, speech, respiratory therapies & dietary counseling
- Program covered by most commercial insurance plans and Medicaid/Medicare
- Warm, inviting and safe environment
- Full therapeutic programming
- Daily psychiatric management
- Strong relationship building and open communication with outside physicians
- Work with families and community resources to support patients
Download the informational brochure.