Cancer is a disease in which the body’s abnormal cells multiply at a higher than normal rate and spread to one or more parts of the body, sometimes causing the development of masses and tumors. Pottstown Hospital's cancer care facility combines cancer treatment technology with oncology specialists to deliver care and support to cancer patients and their families.
Pottstown Hospital is proud to be a Fox Chase Cancer Center Partner
Fox Chase Cancer Center Partners is a select group of community-based hospitals in Pennsylvania and New Jersey whose cancer programs are affiliated with Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. Together, we’re working to advance cancer care in our community. Our goal is seamless, high-quality clinical care for patients, broad access to clinical trials, and delivery of state-of-the-art cancer treatment.
Award Winning Cancer Care, Close to Home
As a four time recipient of Accreditation with Commendation/Outstanding Achievement Award by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC), Pottstown Hospital Cancer Center provides patients in our community with quality patient-centered care from a multidisciplinary team of oncology experts. Through our Partnership with Fox Chase Cancer Center, patients have access to the most recent clinical trials, expertise in advanced technologies, and a team approach to quality cancer care. Fox Chase Cancer Center is a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of only 40 centers in the country to qualify for this highest level of designation.
Pottstown Hospital Cancer Center is accredited by:
- American College of Surgeons as a Community Hospital Cancer Program, Outstanding Achievement Award
- American College of Radiation Oncology
We offer comprehensive cancer services that include:
Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Cancer Treatment
- Access to a full-range of advanced cancer treatments and therapies
- Board-certified physicians in medical oncology, hematology oncology, radiation oncology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, urology and surgery
- Patient-centered care offered by a multidisciplinary team of oncology-certified nurses, radiation therapists, dosimetrists, physicists, registered dietitians, case managers, pharmacists, physical and occupational therapists, Home Care nurses and chaplain and hospice
Cancer Treatment includes:
- clinical trials
- integrative care
- radiation oncology.
READ FURTHER DETAILS
Cancer Risk Assessment Program
This program's goal is to help individuals and their families learn about the risk factors associated with breast, ovarian and colon cancer. A genetic counselor and registered nurse provide informatio...
READ FURTHER DETAILS
Lung Cancer Screening Available - FIND OUT MORE HERE.