At Pottstown Hospital, we offer pediatric services designed to meet the unique health and wellness needs of newborns, infants, children and adolescents. We take a family-based approach to treatment and strive to make you and your child as comfortable as possible during your stay.
Pottstown Hospital provides 24-hour inpatient pediatric care, from infancy through young adulthood, in a 10-bed secure inpatient pediatric unit. The unit features specially-trained pediatric hospitalists and nurses and provides direct access to pediatric specialists.
Most children with illness or injury are seen in Pottstown Hospital’s emergency room, where they are evaluated by emergency professionals along with a pediatric hospitalist. They are either treated and released or admitted to the pediatric unit. In some cases, kids are admitted directly to the pediatric unit by their physician.
Our pediatrics unit is led by two pediatric hospitalists who treat children who need to be hospitalized for illnesses such as dehydration, croup, allergic relation, tonsil and adenoid removal and other illnesses and injuries requiring surgery.
Our primary mission is to increase the hospital’s ability to provide quality inpatient care and keep sick children close to home.
The child friendly pediatric unit at Pottstown Hospital features:
- Secure/locked unit
- Private Rooms
- Pediatric-trained hospitalists
- Pediatric-trained nurses
- Sleeping accommodations for parents
- Play area, kid-friendly décor, Kinect X-Box
- Free Wi-Fi
Collaborating for Kids
Because children are different from adults and need specialized care, Nemours and Pottstown Hospital have teamed up to offer advanced pediatric care around-the-clock in Pottstown, Pa. Pottstown Hospital is conveniently located just off Route 422, along the corner of Armand Hammer Boulevard and East High Street.
Nemours’ pediatric physicians are there for you and your family at Pottstown Hospital to provide advanced inpatient hospital care, including:
- Medical care for children staying on Pottstown Hospital’s pediatric unit.
- Consultations in the hospital’s emergency department (ED) — available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Newborn consultations in Pottstown Hospital’s Maternal Unit. Nemours pediatricians attend all high-risk deliveries, care for newborns in the newborn nursery and stabilize sick newborns for transport if necessary.